Monday, June 11, 2007

A lesson learned

This weekend we went up to Sandusky, OH to meet up with Adam's brother's family and Adam's grandparents. What's in Sandusky, Ohio, you ask?

CedarPoint: "home to the most rides (69) and roller coasters (17) on Earth."

Very exciting...especially for someone who hasn't been on a roller coaster in over 10 years (i.e. me).

So what lesson did I learn? Parents of small children should not expect to ride any roller coasters when at the roller coaster capital of the world.

That's right..6 hours, 17 roller coasters, and not a single ride on any of them (Adam did at least attempt to ride two...one broke right as he got in line, the other had an hour long wait). I did, however, get to ride several, thrilling rides in Camp Snoopy and Kiddie Kingdom: the Lolli swings, the Ballon Race, and Sir Rub a Dub's Tubs. (For the sake of full disclosure, I actually got nauseous on the Balloon Race...pictured on right).

I was amazed at how disappointed--even angry--I was when I realized that I was not going to get to go on a "real" ride! Yet another example of how I seriously underestimate the strength of my sinful nature.

While my selfishness and greed almost robbed me of the joy that could've been mine, God in his grace has reminded me of some of the day's more lasting joys:





1 comment:

Jamie Butts said...

Love your camera. The last picture is especially terrific. Frame it. Thanks for the honest confession of your learned lesson. I love roller coasters and I found myself deciding I would have probably felt the exact same way. What ugly selfishness indwells us all. Thanks for sharing your mommy lessons. I learn more than you know from gals like you. Fight on, sister.