Wednesday, March 17, 2010

You know it's Spring when...

...the Dairy Kastle opens!

I must admit. Ever since the warm spell we had a few weeks ago, I've been compulsively driving by the Dairy Kastle several times a week to see if it's open. Yesterday when the girls and I were out for a walk, I saw that the boards had been taken off the windows...could it be? We strolled over and the owner told us that it would be open tomorrow...which is today! So, did we go? You betcha!

As if it weren't enough for the Kastle to be open, Katie also had a St. Patrick's Day party at her preschool...and I got the privilege of helping with it! It was so fun to visit her class and see the other kids, although their teachers said they were being unusually quiet. I like to think that they were blown away by the cupcakes and punch I made (which I confess I was a little stressed out about...but that's another blog post).


2 comments:

Meredith said...

yay Dairy Kastle!!! sorry I didn't stick around to join you. Let me know when you go again...which hopefully is not every day. lol.

Chad and Krista said...

oh Dairy Kastle... I miss it. I miss ice cream, donuts and coffee all being just a walk away.

Enjoy it all season long!