Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Movement of all kinds

There's been a lot of moving going on the McCulloch household lately. Earlier this month we moved from our 2 bedroom apartment to a wonderful 3 bedroom apartment in our same apartment complex. Already it has been such a blessing, and I know that we will continue to thank God for this provision when the baby comes. When Katie was born we had a newborn in a 1 BR apartment that was little more than a glorified dormroom, no dishwasher, no washer/dryer, no carpet, and no chair for rocking the baby on long, hard nights. Now we will have a bedroom for each child, including a twin bed and a rocking recliner (thank you, Thayers!) in the baby's room as well as our very own washer and dryer (thank you, Yongs!). As much as I came to love the laundromat (and getting a week's worth of laundry done in 90 minutes), I'm definitely excited about not having to haul a toddler, an infant, and a week's worth of laundry down the street. Having our own washer/dryer is even better in the face of a toddler who doesn't make it to the potty sometimes and the potential for a baby who spits up. I actually look forward to laundry day now! Make sure to ask me in 6 months if I'm still enjoying it...and remind me that I should.

So that was one kind of moving that happened (in no small part due to the awesome help we had from many members of our church). The other moving was of a different sort---our baby has begun to make his/her presence known through kicks and wiggles! While I'm the only one who can feel the baby move at this point, it's nevertheless a very exciting development. Even more exciting is that on Monday I go in for my 20 week check-up and my first ultrasound in which we'll hopefully find out the sex of the baby! So definitely stop by the blog next Monday night!

And finally, a belly picture (19 weeks):
Your baby equals a large heirloom tomato in size and weighs 8 1/2 ounces. (length: 6 inches, head to bottom)



1 comment:

Tracy said...

Love the belly picture! You look great!
Love, Tracy