Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2 weeks old

Caroline turned two weeks old last Friday. It's amazing how quickly the weeks are flying by this time around! She has definitely "woken up" these past few days. I fear that my label of "angel baby" may have been a bit premature. She still is a great baby, but her reflux has gotten worse and is causing some feeding/sleeping issues. She does pretty well during the day, but the nighttime has given us some trouble of late. Nothing abnormal, just par for the course when you have a newborn. I will say, however, the novelty of nighttime feedings has definitely worn off, and I'm more frequently resorting to the tv rather than my iPod to get me through the night. I'm already praying for her to sleep for longer stretches at night (or at least to go right back to sleep like she was before). Ah.

One good thing....after having been sick with a fever and aches/chills for 2 days, regular sleeplessness feels a heck of a lot better than sickness + sleeplessness!

She's certainly not starving! Check out those cheeks and chins!

(She's not normally cross-eyed, it just looks like it in this photo.)

1 comment:

Jen said...

she's so beautiful...i wish i could snuggle her...