Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby Update

So, I'm a little overdue with a baby update. I actually started this post about a month ago but was waiting to scan the 2nd round of ultrasound photos. Now I'm less than a month away from "go time." What?!
First, the stats. I am now 36 weeks and feeling pretty large and in charge. It's amazing how much faster I got "big" the second time around! I had a second ultrasound about 6 weeks ago--she's still a girl and the time was weighing in around 3 pounds, 11 ounces. So I have about 3 1/2 weeks left with this girl rolling around in my belly... unless she decides to come (gulp) before the scheduled surgery!

Here (at last) are the latest photos of CAROLINE GRACE MCCULLOCH:

Head shot
Mouth open
And here's me at 36 weeks
(sorry about the crazy coloring, don't know what's up with that) Just to help you see how things have changed, check me out at 19 weeks.

Finally, I know you all have missed the "baby versus produce" comparison photos, so here's to my little Crenshaw Melon:

Your baby, almost 6 pounds and still packing on the pounds at a rate of about an ounce a day, is comparable to a crenshaw melon in size. (Length: more than 18 1/2 inches, head to heel.)

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

YAY thanks for the update. You look beautiful and so does Caroline glad to hear you are both doing well.

Unknown said...

so cute!!

i really love her name, too! katie and caroline are perfect sisters!!

Anonymous said...

um, hello. Less than a month!? Love how you painted your apartment, including the door, yellow. :)

Hannah Murray said...

First of all, that is a perfect name. So beautiful. Love it. Second of all, you are SUPER pregnant!! I'm excited :-)

Unknown said...

Oh Mary. You are so very pregnant. And I thought I was feeling large... I think I still have a long (but short!) way to go. How exciting that your next little girl is so close to being here!! Congrats!

Jamie Butts said...

You're cute! And, I'm encouraged by your desire to spiritually prepare for Baby #2 and sleepless nights! I'm tucking away all of these great 3ABC examples like you for future help/advice to bring back to mind. :)

Melfunnie said...

whoaaa! you're HUGE!!! And I can say that because you know i love you and you know that's a compliment because I LOVE pregnant bellies!!!!! I still have non-pregnant Mary in my head so when i saw the picture I was so excited and surprised! can't wait to meet her (at least via internet =P). Miss you so much!