Saturday, September 15, 2007

Are you a Christian?

As a tangent off my last two posts regarding why the gospel is good news, I want to point you two other posts written by my fellow church member Owen Strachan (here and here). Just as John Piper's question exposes our heart of hearts, so Owen's posts list other questions that can help discern our hearts' true condition.

Owen intended these questions to be a resource for Christians as they seek to help friends and family members discern whether or not they are in Christ. I want to encourage all 10 people who read my blog (yes, the number has doubled since July!) to go to Owen's blog and ask these questions of yourself. May God use them in your life--to encourage you as you see evidences of His grace at work in your life, to convict you to pursue God with your whole heart, or to reveal your need to turn away from your sin and cast yourself on Christ's mercy.

No comments: