Saturday, October 13, 2007

Huber Farm: Take One

Now that fall has finally arrived in Louisville, Adam, Katie, and I decided to travel to Starlight, Indiana this morning to take our second pilgrimage to Joe Huber's Orchard & Winery. It's a pretty popular local attraction about 30 minutes north of Louisville. You can pick your own produce or shop at their farm market (that also sells amazing breads, cookies, jellies, etc). Our stated objectives were to get a pumpkin and buy some Christmas gifts. My secret aim, however, was to take advantage of the great photo opps. We managed to accomplish our main objectives, but our photos had some pretty sad results:

Thankfully, Katie and I are going back to Huber's this Thursday with some friends from our church. Hopefully we'll have better luck with photos then. My still life photos today fared a bit better than the others:

Fall is here, and I am happy. I think I'll go eat some of the pumpkin bread I made this week and drink some cider. And maybe eat some of the apple butter we bought today. Hooray for fall!

2 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

Do you remember when sweet Cindy shared her Pumpkin-Apple Muffin recipes with us at home group? I made them Saturday. Dustin was grinning from ear to ear. They were so yummy. I love Hubers adn all things Fall. And I enjoyed even your "sad" pictures. :)

Anne said...

HI,
Don't forget that I have a degree in photography!! I plan on taking Hannah's picture Thursday. (so dress Katie accordingly)!!
See ya
Anne