Monday, October 22, 2007

I'm it.

I've been "tagged" by my friend Jamie. Below are the requested 7 funny/crazy/strange things about myself. And now I'm tagging Cari and Laurel.

1. When I was in 9th grade, some friends and I were almost arrested for playing tag at an elementary school. The funny part was what the cop said when he was questioning us: “Are you carrying any guns, knives or…….CHINESE STARS?” (looking dramatically at my friend Sandy who was Asian)

2. I watched Baywatch religiously when I was in 7th and 8th grade because I had a major crush on Hobie.

3. I'm obsessive about clean fingernails. That may be why I'm a compulsive nail-biter (if they're short, they can't be dirty!) And I'm pretty sure that by constantly cleaning Katie's nails, I'm contributing to some sort of neurosis that will manifest itself when she reaches adulthood.

4. In China I was nearly attacked in a restroom stall (more appropriately, a squatty potty stall) by a horde of Chinese elementary school students who wanted to see how the foreign teacher used the bathroom.

5. For a period of about 3 years, the hum of my brain (what I heard in my head when I wasn’t thinking anything in particular) was "MMMBop.”

6. I also love to brush my teeth. There’s nothing worse than feeling like you have socks on your teeth. Plus, I’m paranoid about bad breath.

7. I've seen the movie Waiting for Guffman around 100 times. My love for this movie almost prevented Adam from marrying me.




3 comments:

Jamie Butts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Butts said...

Great job! I feel closer to you already. :) I think I should groom my nails now though... :)

Vincent said...

Hey Mary. Loved the Tag!! You wold be proud of me Mary... I finally grew out my nails and stopped bitting them.

Miss you!! Cari