Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Edamame and Bean Salad with Shrimp and Fresh Salsa

My new summer fave! My mom introduced it to me, but I think my SiL originally found it in Cooking Light. It can be done without shrimp too.

1 cup frozen shelled edamame
1 cup chopped cooked small shrimp
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
3 T chopped red onion
2 t minced jalapeno
1 T chopped fresh cilantro (I used way more than this b/c I love cilantro and needed to use some up)
1 T lime juice
1 T olive oil (extra virgin is best)
1/4 t salt

Cook edamame according to package. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
Combine edamame, shrimp, beans, tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno. Combine remaining 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over edamame mixture and toss gently to combine. Cover and chill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The must be one of JJ's greatest contributions to our family meals. She is the one who shared it with me. Isn't it wonderful to remember you have made a double or triple recipe of this when you are really hungry for something healthy and "delice" and it is just waiting for you? What a blessing to enjoy!
mom