Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gift giving

One of the best parts of Daddy coming home was, of course, the gifts he brought! I am continually amazed at how "gifted" my husband is in purchasing just the right presents.

For me, a Starbucks coffee mug from Beijing with the Great Wall of China on it, stuffed with Chinese Nescafe packets. Former teammates will remember that you must stir it with a pen and enjoy with a package of donettes!

Here are some photos of Katie receiving her gifts:
What's in the bag?
She guessed right...a panda bear!
I think she likes it.
Caroline enjoyed staring at the panda so much though, I think she may co-opt it as soon as she can "take" Katie (which, given her size, may be in about a month).
Hm, what is next?A qipao (pronounced chee-pow)...what Chinese girls wear when they want to be fancy!Did I get the right size?How does it look?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie looks adorable in her outfit! She is one of the cutest kids I know. :-)

Hannah Murray said...

Love the photo of Katie in her dress! Every time I see her I think she looks just like both you and Adam. What an amazing image of two becoming one.

Anonymous said...

SO cute :)

Anne said...

red is definitely her color!! cute dress:)

Anonymous said...

Well, my kids, I keep finding my most favorite photograph of Katie and as soon as I get it in a frame to enjoy, here comes another one! THIS one is definitely a keeper! Yes, she is composed and elegantly poised and now ready for a new world.
Adam, you found some treasures for sure. Welcome home. I hope to talk with you next week or when it is convinient! Maybe by then you will have gotten some rest. Blessings to you all. Gramommy.