Sunday, April 8, 2007

Was it a morning like this?

I woke up this morning with these words to an old favorite Easter song in my head. Yes, it's from a Sandi Patti album from 1986...but praise God my mom listened to music like this! It obviously made an impact on me if I'm waking up with it in my head 11 years later.

(I wish you could hear the music for this song...it is so triumphant!)
He is risen!

Verse 1
Was it a morning like this
When the Son still hid from Jerusalem?
And Mary rose from her bed
To tend the Lord she thought was dead...

Was it a morning like this
When Mary walked down from Jerusalem?
And two angels stood at the tomb
Bearers of news she would hear soon...

Chorus
Did the grass sing?
Did the earth rejoice to feel You again?
Over and over like a trumpet underground,
Did the earth seem to pound, "He is risen!"?
Over and over in a never ending round,
"He is risen! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!"

Verse 2
Was it a morning like this
When Peter and John ran from Jerusalem?
And as they raced toward the tomb,
Beneath their feet, was there a tune?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary,
I just got onto your blog after much too long. How sweet to hear how God used these songs that I still cling to during Lent and Easter to grow and enrich your life as well.
love you,
mom