Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fail and Fun

My friend Ruhiyyih had a great blog post the other day, tracking the highs and lows of her day. She inspired this Fail and Fun post for today.

FAIL OF THE DAY: Realizing at 9:30am this morning that I had forgotten to water the tree the night before and that it was bone dry. Which means that we now have to take the lighted and decorated tree out of the tree stand, cut 1/2 inch off the bottom, and get it back in the tree stand. Anyone think we can do it without taking everything off? (And this is after I literally sat on the tree on Sunday evening because I forgot that the tree was where our big red chair used to be!) Boo.

FUN OF THE DAY: Finding out while at the Y tonight that Davidson was playing basketball on ESPN...against none other than WVU, my husband's former school! Did I spend a ridiculous amount of time on the Precor tonight just so I could watch most of the game because we don't have cable at home? You betcha! (Thankfully, we were able to watch the last two minutes on ESPN360 and witness Stephen Curry pull off two awesome clutch 3-pointers to win the game. Have I ever typed http://www.espn.com/ into the address bar? Only when it's Davidson bball time! Go Cats!)

4 comments:

Byerly said...

Mary - I feel your tree pain. Our tree is not taking any water. Let me know how it goes cutting off part of the trunk. I think we're just going to leave it be, and hope for the best - risky, huh?

Meredith said...

by the way, I didn't understand when you tagged me in your blog what I was supposed to do. Do I just copy and paste it from yours and put my own answers?

mary said...

Go cats indeed! How I do wish we could catch that game together.

In the meantime, I do enjoy catching up on your beautiful family and life here.

And while I'm here and writing--happy birthday week! I look forward to reading all about it soon.

Much love.

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

LOL - glad you played along (and helped to humor my crazy day! )

It got better :) This reminds me that I need to go and water our tree!

Merry Christmas to you all!