Saturday, December 6, 2008

Trip to Baldwin Farm

Since this is the first Christmas that we will be staying in Louisville, we decided that we needed to forego our usual 3 foot tall tree (which formerly had fiber optic capabilities but thanks to a broken ac adapter no longer glows) and get a REAL, LIVE Christmas tree! And what better place to get one than the Christmas tree farm owned by my mom's first cousin just a few miles down the road in Richmond, Kentucky. We had a great time, not only because the snow added that special Christmas card effect, but also because our friend and neighbor Lan joined us! This is her first Christmas in the States, and she's excited to experience all traditional aspects of the Christmas season. Cutting down your own Christmas tree definitely falls into that category, so she joined us on the long (and sometimes treacherous) journey to Baldwin Farm. Thanks for a great time, Cousin Jo!

Man vs. Tree
Man wins.
The manly work continues at home.
Katie with nutcracker ornament just like I had as a kid!
Gazing at her ornaments.

2 comments:

blbartlett said...

Mary,

I'm generally a Scrooge about Christmas, but as an official member of the KJM fan club I couldn't help but enjoy seeing a child enjoy the beauty of Christmas preparations. We always love your pictures!

Ben

Meredith said...

Yay for Richmond, KY!! You should of told me and I might have gone with you! I've never actually been to Baldwin Farms, but I always see the signs for it when I'm there at Christmas time.