Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tea Party

We celebrated Katie's birthday yesterdat by having a tea party with two of her close friends. I opted to go for a smaller, more intimate gathering since I counted NINE girls who are in Katie's peer group at church..and I wasn't quite sure I could handle a tea party with 9 kiddos. However, I learned something important about my daughter through this experience. When I told Katie who would be coming to her party, she said, "And who else, Mom? I want more people to come!" She proceeded to rattle off a list of all the kids at church! I guess in the future I need to plan for a simpler party so that lots of kids can come! That's my little extrovert for you! Despite it not being the big crowd she was hoping for, I think a good time was had by all.

Decorating tea cup cookies (and eating the icing)Pouring the tea (aka apple juice)

"Don't we look fabulous?"

(or as Katie said as I was getting her dressed that morning, "Mommy, this is my best dress."

All the ladies

(with their fake "cheese" smiles that look like they're in pain)

"Pin the lid on the teapot"

4 comments:

Byerly said...

What a fun party! I can't believe you have a 3 year old:o) Now, did you make that fancy looking teapot birthday cake?

Hannah Murray said...

SO PRECIOUS!!

Blake said...

dude...it was like young life club with 3 year olds. how fun!

bitsyinchina said...

Mary, that was great! That cake and those activities were so you.... I guess those skills you learned at Er Shi Yi Shi are really paying off now. :) Give Katie a hug for me... and tell Baby M "hello" from China!