Friday, December 5, 2008

A late post about the election

Since writing that post on abortion earlier this week, I was reminded me of the great turmoil I experienced on the day after election day. Lest you think that I believe that the world is coming to an end because Barack Obama has been elected president (although I do believe that the world is coming to an end, just not because of him), two things in particular excite me about his presidency. First, I am thrilled that our nation has elected an African-American president. I would have loved to be able to vote for America's first African-American president.... unfortunately, I completely disagreed with many of his views!

Secondly, a recent commentary that Dr. Mohler wrote about Michelle Obama gave me another reason to be excited about the Obamas in the White House. As Dr. Mohler writes, it is a great thing that a woman so highly educated and in such a prominent position is so publicly committed to her role as a wife and mother.

No comments: