Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Baby watch

I had my final ultrasound and doctor's appointment this morning. My doc had requested that I get an ultrasound every week these past few weeks since Katie had been induced due to low amniotic fluid levels. Even though there was nothing that indicated my levels were low this time around and Katie's low levels were likely due to the fact that she was 41 weeks, the doctor wanted to play it safe. I didn't complain...I love seeing that baby! This morning's ultrasound was super fun though because the ultrasound tech did a 3D ultrasound. Let me tell you what, Caroline Grace is SO chubby! She has the fattest little cheeks and the pudgiest little fingers (which were in her mouth). It was so exciting to see a real shot of this face we're about to meet in just 2 days! According to the ultrasound, she's weighing in around 8 pounds, 6 ounces...which means she actually weighs between 7lbs6oz and 9lbs6oz. Whichever end of the spectrum she ends up on, she's not hurting for meat on her bones!

Grandma Sue (Adam's mom) arrives in the 'Ville this afternoon and will be staying for a couple weeks. My mom will then come out in early April for about 10 days, and the rest of the grandparents will be here at other various times in April, May, and June. We're so thankful already for all the help that our moms are going to be!

The surgery is schedule for this Friday at 11:30am. For Louisville folks, we would be happy to have visitors on Saturday or Sunday, just call before you come (we'll have both our cell phones).
The hospital has wireless internet, and Adam's been eagerly looking forward to guest blogging, so keep checking back here for updates and photos!

4 comments:

Jamie Butts said...

I hope to swing by. I've been praying for you this week, Mary! And, I've loved reading and learning from your mommy series.

Jamie Butts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Can't wait!! It must be nice to know EXACTLY when she'll be here... I am just a lady in waiting- 7 weeks give OR take!

Jamie Butts said...

1 day to go!